It is Christmas in July! Which calls for fudge in the middle of summer. It is actually overcast and not even 80 degrees outside, which makes it a perfect day to celebrate a summer time Christmas! And fudge…mmm…
This has been in our family for YEARS! And it has been requested (begged for) by neighbors for just as long! Nobodies comes close to comparing. No candy thermometer needed. Enjoy!
- 4 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- 12 oz. pkg. (or if you buy bulk chocolate chips like I do, it is 2 c.)
- 1 large Hershey bar (9 oz.)
- 1 jar marshmallow cream (7 oz.)
- 1 or 2 lbs. nuts (Optional).
- In a large pan, boil sugar, butter, and evaporated milk for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Hershey bars, chocolate chips, and marshmallow creme.
- Stir until all chocolate is dissolved (this takes a bit!)
- Add nuts, if using and pour into greased pan.
- Makes about 5 lbs.
- I have a box of Hershey bars (the 1.55 oz ones) and so I usually just use 6 of those bars.