I am hesitant to even post another recipe…the last one was such a hit, I just don’t think I can top it. Seriously. I’ve never had that kind of traffic. And I mean, instead of 4 people looking at the blog/recipe, I had 100. 100 !! I’m totally not kidding when I say this is a hobby. I LOVE when people look and use the recipes, but I make no money from this. So seeing people run the traffic up on the site made my heart happy! So thank you!
This isn’t an instant pot recipe, but so worth the effort! I had never made macaroons before and these were delightful! And easy. I think I never did them before because I was scared to. But take it from me. Nothing to be scared of! And even better, they are German Chocolate…Let the drooling commence. Enjoy!
- 5 1/3 c. shredded sweetened coconut
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 6 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 egg whites
- 1 c. finely chopped toasted pecans
- Melt 4 oz. sweet chocolate
- 1 tbsp shortening
- Sweetened Condensed milk topping
- 6 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- Place sweetened condensed milk in a double boiler until slightly thickened (about 45 minutes). Keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Toss and mix well. Add egg whites and nuts and mix well.
- Using a round tablespoon drop macaroons onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-23 minutes or until golden on top. Place on cooling rack.
- Melt chocolate with shortening in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each one until chocolate is melted. Drizzle over macaroons.
- Drizzle thickened sweetened condensed milk over the chocolate.