I have been making these for years…like since college. And I’m old. So take it from me, this recipe is a keeper. I can’t even remember where I got the recipe. But it is so simple and so adaptable. This specific one with the pictures are Valentine’s, but I’ve seen footballs, regular ones, really, any season/holiday. Have fun with this!
Looking back, I was certain I had posted this recipe before, but I hadn’t! So here is a little treat for you! Enjoy!
- 1 pkg. regular oreos
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. chocolate chips (white, milk, semi) or candy melts
- In food processor or blender, crush oreos until they are fine. If you don't have food processor or blender, you can put them in a ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Pour into a medium bowl and mix in the cream cheese.
- Mix until smooth.
- Scoop out with small cookie scoop and roll into balls.
- Place onto cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Flash freeze for 15 minutes or put in fridge for 30 minutes. You don't have to do this, but it makes dipping it in chocolate a bit easier.
- Melt chocolate in microwave until smooth.
- Dip oreo balls into the chocolate, using a fork to roll around and get all covered.
- Shake off excess chocolate into the bowl and place on parchment paper.
- If using sprinkles or extra oreo crumbs, sprinkle on while chocolate is wet.
- Let harden and store in air tight container.