With Valentine’s Day coming up, here is a fun alternative to a side dish. I feel like Valentine’s day is either REALLY hated or REALLY loved! I am the latter. I love to do the fun treats, I love to do a special dinner, the colors, taking another opportunity to tell my hubs that I love him, showing my kids that I love them. Everything.
This side dish takes a bit more time than regular roasted potatoes because you use a cookie cutter to cut shapes into the potatoes. I totally understand if that isn’t your thing and just skip the cookie cutter and just do the potatoes. My kids really loved the shapes. They thought they were awesome! So if you are feeling up to it and want to wow your fam, do this as a side and you will be the hit of Valentine’s day! Enjoy!
- 5-6 russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1/4-1/2 c. oil (vegetable or olive work great)
- garlic seasoning
- parmesan cheese
- Lawry's season salt
- Any other seasoning you want to add to them
- Cut potatoes into slices.
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out a heart in the center of the sliced potato.
- Place all of the potatoes into a ziplock bag, along with the oil and seasoning. Close bag and shake until everything is well coated.
- Spread out on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- If you are short on time or patience : ) you can skip the cookie cutter all together and just cut the potatoes into chunks.