As I am writing this, it is snowing like crazy outside, and has been all day. Not that I mind. It covers up the disgusting black and dirty snow that has started melting. At least it gives me something pretty to look at. So for the cold weather, here is a repost of a favorite! 3 ingredients and it is way better than store bought hot chocolate. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1/4 c. skim milk
- 1 3/4 c. skim milk (to be used separately from the other milk)
- Stir together the cocoa powder and sugar in a medium saucepan. The cocoa will be lumpy but that is okay, just make sure they are mixed together.
- Add 1/4 c. skim milk. It won’t mix right away, but that’s okay.
- Bring mixture to a low boil of medium high heat, stirring constantly. Let it boil for a minute or two, until the sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy. Be sure to continue to stir constantly.
- Once it is mixed together, add the rest of the milk (1 3/4 c. more or less to your liking. If you like super sweet, less milk, less sweet, more milk).
- Once you add cold milk it will need to be warmed up again to get the temp hot again.